REFLECTION ON LEADERSHIP : TALK BY AN EXPERT


LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE OF SUSTAINABILITY





REFLECTION : LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE FOR SUSTAINABILITY

On December 30, 2022, I attended a Webex session led by an expert on Leadership Talk. The session is organized by Team UHPS 6013 and UPPF6063 Dynamics of Leadership, School of Education, FSSH, UTM. The session was conducted by Associate Professor Dr.Jamilah Ahmad. The invited speaker is Dr. Wesam Al Madhoun and he will be talking about Leadership and Governance for Sustainability. He is the founder and dean of graduate studies and research at Gaza University, as well as the founder of Global Ambassadors of Sustainability (GAoS).

What I remember from the talk is the importance of sustainability in a nation’s development. He also talks about leadership programs in sustainable development and the role of governance in adopting sustainability. the Q&A session was also very active. One of the questions posed to the participant was about what our country's leaders should do to address the issue that the natural environment will be destroyed in order to build a dam for renewable energy. A few key points that I must take away from the response are:

1. The leader has to assist with the environmental impact. The good and bad that the country will experience

2. The leader has to propose mitigation strategies on how the nation can reduce the loss.

Actually, many questions have been asked in the chatbox. However, due to time constraints, Dr. Wesam was only able to answer a few questions. During the Webex session, there was a time when the sound was not very clear, and I think it was because of the poor Internet connection, but thankfully I managed to join the live session until the end. 
Overall, this live session gave me lots of information about the importance of sustainability.

Dr.Wesam giving an explaination

Conducted by Dr.Jamilah

Some of the participants

Got my certificate of participation 😀



















 



Comments

Popular Posts